Try this simple booty move to firm up the outer part of your glutes and thighs.
1. Simply lay on one side with your bottom leg slightly bent.
2. Lift your top leg with toe pointed.
3. Repeat for 20 reps.
4. Switch to your other side and repeat for another 20 reps.
To advance this move, you have 2 options:
1. Intermediate: Come into supported side plank with your bottom knee on the ground. Lift top leg with toe pointed.
2. Advanced: Come into full side plank with your legs stacked. Lift top leg with toe pointed.
#WorkoutWednesday this #TIU move is great for total body toning without having to use any weights. Karena & Katrina deem it the Bonzai Booty haha... gotta love them!
To do the Bonzai Booty:
It's been a while since I've done a #WorkoutWednesday post, so here's a great total body strengthening move! the side raise and squat targets your glutes (especially that "saddlebag" area), quads, shoulders, obliques, and upper back.
This awesome abs exercise comes from a core focused yoga sequence by Tara Stiles. What's so great about this move is that it works both the upper and lower abs.
1. Lie on your back, tucked into a ball, making sure to glue your lower back to the floor.
2. Extend your legs and arms straight into the air. Round your back as much as possible and reach for your toes.
3. Extend your legs in front of you, and arms straight behind your head. Keep your heels hovering just above the ground and lower back glued to the floor.
4. Come back into a ball and repeat for 12 total reps.
Watch Tara Stiles "Crazy Core Building Routine" here.
Renegade rows are a complete upper body exercise which help build a sexy back, tighten your core, and of course tone those arms. To do Renegade Rows, you will need to grab a pair of dumbbells.
Talk about a total body workout! The hee haw, as the Tone It Up girls call it, works your quads, upper and lower back, core, and shoulders all in one move. I could not believe what a killer it was the first time I did it in a Tone it Up YouTube video, the "Sandcastle Workout". Now it's become a staple for me to do on those days when I'm just feeling the need for some total body toning.
To do this move begin by grabbing a set of dumbbells (5-10 lbs is good):
Repeat for 3 sets 10-15 reps. OR try this complete workout:
Get that booty and those hamstrings working with these kneeling extended leg glue lifts.
Be sure to keep correct form by placing your hands directly below your shoulders with the inner elbows pointing forward, knees directly below the hips, and keeping your back straight.
1. Start in a squatting position with knees bent and pushed out to the sides, big toe mounds pressing firmly to the ground, and back straight. Hold your weights down at your sides.
2. Come up out of squat, keeping your back straight. Curl and bring elbows in line with your shoulders in a 90 degree position, preparing for a pressing.
3. Raise arms up and over your head, reaching your full extension.
4. Squat back down, maintaining correct form, and repeat.
For this arms and booty exercise, I suggest using 5-20 lb dumbbells, and repeating exercise for 3 sets of 10-20 reps.
1. Begin in a squat position, with your knees bent, thighs as parallel to the ground as possible, and back straight, keeping your arms straight at your sides.
2. Power through your legs and jump as high off of the ground as possible.
Land as softly as possible, back into your original squat position.
Repeat for 3 sets of 10-20 reps.
Photo Credits: Natalie Rich
Repeat this move for 20 reps, and incorporate into your abs routine.
Photo Credits: Natalie Rich
In my humble opinion, sweat and a smile are the sexiest things a person can wear.
Follow me on Instagram! @fitcountrygal